Answer: Last Updated: Oct 27, 2016 Views: 94
The SLU University library has multiple vendors for e-books, and both licence agreements and usage may differ between them. They all require that you read or download while connected to the SLU network, either on campus or via VPN. Read more about off-campus access to digital resources from home here.
This is how you borrow and read e-books from Ebook Central (previously Ebrary), our biggest vendor:
- Find the book in Primo, click “View Online”
- Click “Hämta fulltext…”
- Click “Full Download” or “Chapter Download”, which opens the Ebook Central login page.
- If you have an Ebook Central account (same as Ebrary account if you have that) – log in. If not, fill out the form to register.
- Click Full or Chapter Download again.
- Via computer: You will be prompted to open the book in Adobe Digital Editions. If you do not yet have the application, there is a link to download it.
- Via mobile device: You will be prompted to open the book in Bluefire Reader. If you do not yet have the app, there is a link to download it.
- In order to use Adobe Digital Editions and Bluefire Reader, you need an Adobe ID. If you do not yet have one, there is a link to register.
- Ready to read!
Next time you download an e-book, you only need to log into Ebook Central and Adobe ID to get access.